Disclaimer : I am a skeptic by nature, and thus write like one. Please bare with my sarcasm!
11:11 on the clock.
I’d always heard my American friends call it a lucky number, saying “make a wish!” It was that very day, 27th April 2017, where I’d seen the number and wondered if the Universe’s Wishing Foundation was really a thing, or we were just talking Santa for adults. Lasting no longer than a moment’s thought, I shrugged it off.
A while later, I had time to spare. So as I was aimlessly browsing through a website about human psychology and relations, for no specific reason, I started reading a blog that talked about God’s plan. And again for no exact reason, I scrolled down, and came across a comment from someone talking about ‘Twin Flames’. The anonymous person described it in a way that made me curious, but I got back to work, and forget about this too, just as quickly.
By night, the phrase Twin Flames was spinning in my head, I couldn’t get it out. So I looked it up, and the first article I saw, was from a website, which had 1111 in its URL. I had goosebumps! This would be my first encounter with ‘Divine Synchronicities’.
What I was reading was so unusual and weird at the time, I was hesitant. As my conflicted thoughts began to grow, I decided to end my browsing for the night. And there, on the clock, once again, was 11:11, staring back at wide-eyed me. It was a full circle.
Later that night, as I lay with my eyes closed and heart palpating wildly with the possibility of this not being a coincidence, I remember feeling my forehead tickle and tingle, and then seeing a beautiful pinkish-purple flower with countless petals just spinning majestically in my mind’s eye, before I blacked-out into a deep sleep.
This is the story of the day I was pulled into the unbelievable world of Signs, Synchronicities, Angel Numbers, Healing, Meditation and more. You’re either a believer here, or a skeptic. Within the span of a year, I’ve moved from the latter (extremist) to the former (extremist, once again).
Let’s start with the word Spiritual Awakening. What does it mean?
To me, this was my awakening to a couple of things:
One, out of nowhere, a higher intelligence had gathered keen interest in my life, and was guiding me. I couldn’t see or hear anyone, but the power was inspiring my thoughts in some way, for sure! Whenever I listened to the guidance, I would see an undeniable ‘affirmation’, or what we casually call a sign/omen.
Two, 11:11 is a real thing afterall. If you’re seeing it too – welcome home! Your life’s going to transform magnificently very soon.
Three, it’s not easy to talk about it. We are Spiritual Beings living a Human Experience, but the kind of amnesia we’ve been put under has made us extreme skeptics. Nevertheless, through sharing my own experiences, I hope to put forward a strong case overtime, of why this stuff is more real than you’d like to believe.
And four, you can’t undo this. It becomes a part of you. You will be happier, the sooner you learn to integrate your two contradictory worlds into one. By writing this blog, that’s exactly what I’m trying to do for myself too.
Why was I Spiritually Awakened? Can it happen to you, too?
I asked for it, and yes, you can experience this too. How it comes to you, will be unique in its own way. But you holding the desire for a Spiritual journey is in itself, an invitation to begin this journey. Wait and watch – it shall unfold beautifully in due time!
I asked for it, because at that point, I had lost direction in my life. I was miserable within, and craved for answers. What am I supposed to do, if I’m not enjoying myself doing something that others around me find fulfilling to them? Unsatisfied at work, unsatisfied with relations, no matter how hard I tried, no matter how much I engaged myself in fitness, learning new things or meeting new people, I felt like something was eating up my mind. I just wasn’t at peace. I tried gratitude writing and I tried walking in nature – all temporary fixes.
Something was very off, and I didn’t know what. What psychology might classify as depression, is spiritually called the ‘Dark Night of the Soul’. It was time for change.
So I asked for it – I asked the Universe what the point of my life was. And surely, it humbled me with answers, directed to me overtime with utmost subtlety and conviction.
What were my initial discoveries during this Spiritual Awakening?
At the very start – there were two things that met me.
To begin with, I learned about ‘Angel Numbers’. If you were to hear voices in your head, you’d think you’re crazy. So, we have Angel Numbers, which are believed to be messages from Angels, who wish to communicate with you by catching your skeptical mind’s attention through repeating numbers that come to you in your day-to-day life. The most common sightings are usually license plates of cars, and the clock! This is the first form of communication I had unknowingly received, that day.
This became a large part of my life, and I was bouncing between frustration of what they meant, and the fear that I wasn’t understanding the signs on time. After years of working closely with the numbers, I decided to write a post about it – (almost) everything you need to know about Angel Numbers.
Second, I came across an interesting technique of meditation using ‘Solfeggio Frequencies’. I’ll admit – when you’re beginning the practice, sitting alone in your own quietude and meditating is very difficult (and can get old fast). On the contrary, concentrating on a dedicated piece of music can magnify your attention span quite rapidly.
Solfeggio music is designed at specific frequencies, thought to heal various parts of your body and energy. It was through this meditation, and then some other techniques which I slowly experimented with (watch this video if you’re looking for inspiration), that I began to feel a growing sense of peace, the one I’d been missing all this while. I’d close my eyes and see beautiful nebulae and auroras in my mind’s eyes. I felt like a part of me was exploring outer space. I never knew so many colors could exist!
This was just one of the many meditation techniques and experiences I have had. I experimented so much with it all though, that when I finally poured everything out, it became a fantastic work (one of my favourite write-ups thus far). I published it in the form a post called Meditation: Everything I Want to Tell You on my 26th Birthday week as an ode to my rebirth! 🙂
Did this ‘Awakening’ make things any better?
A major difference I saw, was not just an improvement in mental health and a rising hope for a direction in life, but my physical health and overall reality began to change, too. Here’s how :
- I shed a LOT of weight. I went down 2 whole points on the BMI scale.
- My diet preferences changed. For the first few months, my body repelled oily or heavy foods. Most of my diet became fruits and salads-based. Overtime this normalised ofcourse, but that shift gave a huge boost to my health.
- I became conscious. While most of my life, I had been living on autopilot from one day to the other, now, I was aware of what I was feeling, what I was doing, at almost every moment. I wasn’t just annoyed or just happy, I was also growing aware and acknowledging mentally, that something is making me happy, and something wasn’t.
This meant, everything around me became more real than ever. And I realised how many poor choices I had grown accustomed to making, on autopilot.
- My energy levels started fluctuating tremendously when I was around people. Till date, there are days when I feel like I’m living worth 5 days at a time, and on others, I simply stay in and sleep. Energy is a crazy thing, and just like most of the spiritual workers out there, I’m still figuring out how to deal with it.
- My psychic senses began to clear up. (Wait, what? Well this escalated quickly!) By psychic senses, let me help you understand at a very high-level about the ones I have developed personally:
- Clairsentience – heightened awareness of other people’s sentiments, even if they don’t admit it themselves. This is basically what we call being (really) good at empathy.
- Clairvoyance – having visions about an event in the future that later manifests. This happens to me during meditations and some of my dreams, and no – I can’t tell you what your future is. I just see bits and pieces of important events that are coming up for me in my journey, and thus guided to prepare better for them.
- Intuitiveness – when you begin trusting this Higher State’s guidance, you notice that you are more in-tune with it. You can trust your ‘gut-feeling’ a lot more now, and you don’t need to worry about why you feel something so strongly. You just obey.
- Telepathy – ofcourse not at every moment, and not very extensively, because that would drive me (or anyone) crazy. But it is rapidly becoming easier to catch hold of a person’s thought just a second before they say it out-loud. The funny thing is, I am not necessarily close to that person. As long as I’m in a clear state of mind, these telepathic moments keep coming to me.
These were the initial changes, ofcourse. Overtime, there has been a lot more that’s shifted in my life!
Basically, Spiritual Awakening has opened the gates of communication with the Universe. And that’s why, I like to say “the Universe talks to me, and I’d be a fool not to listen”.
I’ve touched very briefly about a lot of things above, and there’s yet a lot more to come. Let’s take them one step at a time in the future.
Thanks for stopping by!
All Picture Credits go to https://pixabay.com