7 ingredients, 3 simple steps, and a very healthy, fitness-friendly, vegan blondie. This is as easy and tasty as it gets!
THE BACKSTORY OF THIS RECIPE
I didn’t know what a blondie was until a while ago.
We don’t have blondies in Italy. But I came across this delicious, indulgent treat when I started lifting weights and was looking for high-protein snacks pre or post workouts.
Obviously, they were loaded with animal products and protein powders that I didn’t want to use. So I came up with my own simple, healthy version!
It will satisfy your sweet cravings and will also fill you with healthy fibres and micro-nutrients. So, what else would you want?!
INGREDIENTS FOR A VEGAN BLONDIE
To yield a batch of 6 squares, you will need:
- 240 gr of cooked chickpeas
- 2 cup of gluten-free oat flour (it’s simply blended oats in a food processor)
- 75 gr of chocolate chunks, plus 6 squares to decorate
- 2/3 cup of sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup of coconut butter (coconut oil will work as well)
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- Vanilla extract and salt to taste
RECIPE PROCEDURE TO MAKE A VEGAN BLONDIE
- Blend your oats into a fine flour. Then add all your ingredients minus the chocolate. and blend until you have a smooth texture. Add the chocolate and pulse until you have nice small chunks of chocolate. This alone will make a great cookie dough by the way!
- Then, pour the batter into a baking dish lined with baking paper. And place your chocolate squares on top of the batter, pushing them slightly down.
- Bake for 25 mins in a preheated over at 180 degrees and until golden. Then, cut in squares and enjoy as often as you like!
I love the versatility of chickpeas and I promise, you won’t taste them!
You are getting in your cake intake one of your five a day.. how amazing is that? Vegan for the win!
Sending love and light to all beings,
Pin for Pinterest:
Annalisa D’Agostino is a Reiki Master, also professionally pursuing holistic and spiritual counselling.
She enjoys cooking and making delicious vegan takes on everyday food.
So here you can find a little corner, TheVeganSense, where you will find recipes and Vegan insight to show love not only to your loved ones, but also the animals and the planet.
Follow her on Instagram @TheVeganSense