Next in Chakras Explained Series is the sixth chakra, the Ajna.
The post is divided into the following categories:
- 5 Facts about the Ajna Chakra
- Questions to Evaluate Your Third-Eye Chakra Health
- 5 Ways to Balance Your Third-Eye Chakra
5 Facts About The Ajna Chakra
#1 – Third Eye Chakra
Located between your brows, on your forehead. This is the place where Indian women stick a bindi. And yes, this is a picture of yours truly, wearing a red colored bindi on her Third Eye, at her wedding! 🙂
#2 – Psychological & Emotional Associations
The Third Eye Chakra focuses on self-reflection and is psychologically linked to your Right to See.
#3 – Relationship with Physical Body
The Ajna in the physical body corresponds to your eyes, forehead and base of the skull region.
#4 – Relationship with Diet
The Third Eye Chakra is associated to entheogens, when used with the proper intention and for spiritual development.
#5 – Examples of an Imbalanced Third Eye Chakra
Imagination and dreaming are strongly integrated with our third-eye. Therefore, if you are somebody that suffers from bad dreams, this is a telltale sign that the Ajna is out of balance for you.
Since the skull forehead are associated with the sixth chakra, a physical manifestation of imbalance is chronic cases of headaches. Wanting to avoid light during headaches is a sign your chakra is blocked.
- Lack of clarity or direction in life.
Not being able to visualize and setup proper goals for the future is a consequence of a blocked Ajna Chakra.
Questions To Evaluate Your Ajna Chakra’s Health
These simple set of questions will help you evaluate the health of your Ajna, and determine if you need to balance the sixth energy center.
- Are you a vivid dreamer, who remembers their dreams after waking up?
- Is your visualization strength notable?
- Do you have a strong sense of imagination?
- Are you able to foresee and set futuristic goals for yourself?
5 Ways to Balance Your Third Eye Chakra
If you have identified that there is a need to balance your sixth Chakra, start with these suggestions.
#1 – Meditate on the Chakra’s color, indigo, and its shape.
Your third-eye is the most stimulated, when we envision colors with our eyes closed.
Psst! Grab 7 Chakra Healing Wallpapers for your mobile. They are carefully designed by yours truly, for bringing positivity and awareness to each Chakra. The wallpapers are super minimalistic, free and exclusively available to the My Spiritual Shenanigans newsletter group!
#2 – Physical Eye Muscle Strengthening Exercises
The human mind is a highly, visually-stimulated center, where as much as 80% of our information from the surroundings comes from our eyes. Therefore, it is beneficial to relax and destress our physical eyes, to help improve our ability to see and process information.
Here are some techniques that help relax our physical eyes, and thus revitalize the third-eye too.
- Focus your attention on the tip of a pen. Then, without breaking your gaze, slowly continue bringing the pen closer to you, until it is out of focus. Then, you can break the focus, close your eyes and relax for a few seconds. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Close your eyelids and roll your eyeballs clockwise, then anticlockwise, 3-5 times each. This simple exercise can immediately relax tensed eye muscles.
- Give yourself a gently eye massage, extending to the forehead and temples of your head.
#3 – Practice Visualization
You are probably a day-dreamer mo often than you can admit to be. Dr Joseph Murphy, in his book, The Power of Your Subconscious Mind, talks about visualization as a powerful tool to recreate a reality of your choice.
Some ideas for visualization can include :
- Visualizing the perfect future, going into the smallest details of that ideal partner, house or car you want in your life.
- Envisioning well-being and a body that is energetic, doing everything you dream of doing.
- Visualizing yourself getting promoted, winning the lottery or abundance in the form of a large bank account number and so forth.
- Visualization for relaxation, where you see yourself enjoying in a beautiful garden, chilling by the beach or casually walking in the mountains.
#4 – Carry or Meditate on a Clear Quartz Crystal.
The Clear Quartz is a must have on your spiritual journey. Why? Because it brings clarity, helps you manage and manifest your desires properly, and cleanses your chakra system in an overall, gentle yet effective way.
I purchased a Clear Quartz Crystal Wand from a quaint shop at Mcleodganj, and then purchased more crystals online from R. R. Sheikh through Amazon. So, if you’re in India and looking for recommendations, this could be an option for you.
From personal use, I believe that the crystals from that vendor are genuine and they are reasonably priced.
#5 – Tap the Third-Eye Chakra.
I often recommend this technique in my chakra balancing workshops, because it’s a great way for beginners to know where to concentrate when their eyes are closed.
If you want to mediate on the Ajna, you simply need to begin by closing your eyes, and start gently tapping between your brows. As a slight sensation rises in that area, move your attention there, all the while keeping your eyes closed.
It may take getting used to at first. But once you are able to meditate on the third-eye, you might see a variety of experiences unfold for you. Such as a tingling sensation followed by seeing lights, colors, or visuals; having intense feelings and awareness rising, a sense of connection with the Universe, and so on.
We’re making our way to the finish line of our Chakras, and I hope that are you taking the time to invest in the activities that can help rebalance your energy centers.
If you’d love to deepen your understanding of the Chakra System, come join one of my upcoming group classes, here!
Add some Love & Light to your inbox. Come join the monthly newsletter to get self-healing tools, insights and exclusive spiritual highlights.
Pin for Pinterest: