Part two in the Chakras Explained Series, let’s get right into everything you need to know about the Svadhishthana Chakra.
Table of Contents
- 5 Facts About The Svadhishthana Chakra
- Questions To Evaluate Your Sacral Chakra Health
- 5 Ways to Balance Your Svadhishthana
5 Facts About The Svadhishthana Chakra
#1 – Sacral Chakra
The Svadhishthana is the second chakra in our energy system, and is located at the lower abdomen region of your physical body. It is also known as the Sacral energy center.
#2 – Psychological & Emotional Associations
The Sacral Chakra focuses on self-gratification. So, conversely, our emotions of guilt linger in the sacral chakra region.
This is the chakra where our duality originates – the yin and yang, the masculine and feminine energies, the ida and pingala. It is also the chakra center of feelings, emotions and sensitivity.
Psychologically, this chakra relates to your Right to Feel. Clairsentience, the psychic ability to be in-tune with other people’s emotions is centered here.
#3 – Relationship with Physical Body
In the physical body, the Svadhishthana associates with the genital area, lower back, kidney and bladder.
#4 – Relationship with Diet
Liquid, and in particular water is the dietary element for the Svadhishthana. For this reason, it is also called the water chakra.
#5 – Examples of an Imbalanced Sacral Chakra
- Urinary Problems
Urine infections, bladder problems or kidney stones, all stem from an imbalance in your sacral energy.
- Creative Blocks
Artist’s block. Writer’s block. Or in general, lacking creative inspiration. These are all associated to the Svadhishthana.
- Sexual Problems
Impotence, low sex-drive or alternately an excessive desire for sex (over-stimulated) are all signs of your sacral chakra being out of balance.
Questions To Evaluate Your Sacral Chakra Health
Take this quick self-assessment to gauge the health of your Svadhishthana Chakra, and if you’re in need to work on balancing this energy center.
- Are you emotionally sound? If not, you might be easily flustered by emotions.
- How sexually active is your drive?
- Does creativity flow easily for you?
- What is your likelihood of experiencing and holding guilt?
- Do you often make time for simple, self-gratifying activities?
5 Ways to Balance Your Svadhishthana
If you have identified that there is a need to balance your Svadhishthana, take a look at the following tips.
#1 – Meditate on the Svadhishthana’s color, orange, and its shape.
Psst…..I’ve designed 7 Chakra Healing Mobile Wallpapers, with a minimalist design, powerful affirmations and specific chakra-centric design.
These are free to download, but exclusively available only for my newsletter subscribers. Sign-up to claim your spiritual goodies, along with access to a growing library of other spiritual resources!
#2 – Please yourself.
If this made you giggle or repel, right there, you will observe is your block against the purpose of this chakra. We have been taught to think otherwise, that pleasure is bad. And hence the guilt.
But slowly and steadily, with small actions of intent, here are ways to step back into our sacral power :
- Start allowing yourself small acts of indulgence. But let’s call it self-love, because indulgence once again, gives the feeling of guilt. Do activities that you love, but don’t do enough of because they may not bring you monetary benefit.
- Water-specific indulgences are a mandate too. So, spice up the bathing game with some fancy body wash and fragrant lotions.
- Express yourself more. Because, a big part of pleasing oneself is listening to our needs. And, journaling is a great way to get in touch with your emotions. Even if you are not vulnerable to the world around you, become open with yourself.
- It also works well to start expressing yourself to other people more, with gestures like hugs, kisses and holding hands. Or as simple as dropping a loving note, smiling while making eye contact, or giving more compliments.
#3 – Find your inner artist.
Whether you are a writer, painter, dancer or any other type of creative embodiment, it’s but natural to have blocks from time to time. The #1 recommendation I would have for you, is to write Morning Pages every.single.day.
Also, if you’re very committed to your healing, please do the 12-week Inner Artist exercises from Julia Cameron’s bestseller, The Artist’s Way. This is the book that single-handedly has helped me be the consistent and proactive writer I am today.
Even as you read this, it is safe to assume that I have atleast 4-6 weeks of posts scheduled in advance. No more inhibitions, no more guilt, no more creative blocks.
#4 – Practice Tantra Yoga
Tantra is associated to the Svadhishthana Chakra, and is a whole different discipline worth exploring. However, simpler yogic exercises that stimulate the pelvic region, hips and lower back are beneficial as well, such as :
#5 – Hydrate Yourself
Flush and detox your system, both physically and energetically by consuming more liquid throughout the day. Some people even try juicing cleanses and full-day water cleanses. So, if that’s your cup of spiritual tea, do that too!
At this point, you should hopefully start seeing the relation between something mystical and otherworldly as chakras, with your actual day to day life.
The Chakra System is meant to be balanced on a daily basis, and we do NOT need to pay a healer to do that for us. We’re well-equipped to do it ourselves, it only takes a little bit of knowing!
Read Next : Chakras Explained (#3) – Solar Plexus
If you’d love to deepen your understanding of the Chakra System, come join one of my upcoming group classes, here!
Add some Love & Light to your inbox. Come join the monthly newsletter to get self-healing tools, insights and exclusive spiritual highlights. 🙂
Pin for Pinterest: