I’ve always been a vivid dreamer. And after my spiritual journey began, I started noticing the different types of experiences these dreams were bringing for me. I was also able to remember them even hours after waking up. I began to wonder – do dreams have meaning?
So, I started keeping a Dream Diary next to my bed. And sometimes, I would wake up several times through the night, just jotting down messages that my subconscious was throwing at me. Later in the morning, I would sit down and reflect on what the dream could mean.
Years into dream analysis and interpretation, it is thus my understanding, that dreams are a very powerful gateway into our subconscious mind. They can come to us with many different reasons. So, here is my attempt to explain them to you, with my own personal experiences.
#1 – Dreams that Predict the Future
Rare but not impossible, sometimes you will realize that you recognize a place, person or event. Because it happened in your dreams first!
Some real-life examples of prophecies in my own life include :
- My mom envisioning I’d say yes to get married on a whim, and that I’d be head over heels in excitement, whereas the guy would be calm and peaceful. That is EXACTLY what happened at the time we both said yes to each other. Which was literally within 24 hours of meeting and spending time together! And I was the excited kid that couldn’t stop grinning, whereas he played it super cool.
- Me dreaming of a giant temple. And several months later visiting Haridwar with my family to randomly walk through this temple, and being able to tell my parents exactly what would come next as we walked up the stairs. It was surreal!
- One morning, when I was supposed to lock my room to go visit my parents for the weekend, I woke up dreaming of water leaking in the kitchen. I went outside, groggy and rolling my eyes at how superstitious I was being. But sure enough, overnight, the piping from upstairs had leaked through the kitchen and the wall was growing increasingly damp by the minute. Mishap managed!
#2 – Dreams for Healing and Closure
Whether you see your ex lover hugging you after a terrible breakup, or your passed-away loved-one that’s meeting you to affirm that they’re doing okay, dreams can help us reconnect with souls that are not physically around us due to the present circumstances.
This is also depicted beautifully in the mystical book, Immortal Talks : Part 1. In the book, two souls reconnect with each other in a dream. And then, the healing they needed to receive through meeting in person, was achieved on the astral plane.
#3 – Dreams with Divine Guidance
Our conscious mind is very skeptical, so dreams are a perfect opportunity for us to gain insight from the Spiritual Realms. Many famous artists including Stephen King, Maya Angelou and children’s writer E.B. White admit that their best works came to them during their sleep!
Some interesting incidents from my own, personal collection include :
- The time at work when I got a dream for a solution to a problem, which I tried and the issue really got resolved! I even told my team lead about this, and to not give me the credit because it wasn’t ME.
- Before I met my husband, I kept seeing signs of “Canada” and the name “Sagar” wherever I would look. I didn’t understand any of this, and I had no intentions of moving, so I kept ignoring the message. Then one day, in my dreams, I saw a figure merge into my husband, and tell me I am meant to go to Canada. This, along with a conversation with my cousin sister sparked the idea of finally meeting my future husband!
Infact, this analysis about finding the Divine Light in dark times, was what compelled my friend to wake up in the early hours of her day and share the divine guidance.
#4 – Dreams to Purge Subconscious Fears
Our dreams can help us face our innermost hidden fears. You may see nightmares and awful things which you fret might happen in real life. This is the type of dreaming science most often talks about.
Some examples include:
- Having an argument at work and then dreaming about getting fired. This could simply mean you’re scared to lose your job.
- Watching a scary movie and then having nightmares at night. Pretty common, which is why people who have an active third-eye chakra in the spiritual journey are advised not to watch such movies. Because they
Like I mentioned in the beginning, when I started seeing more nightmares than ever, using a Dream Diary to write down what you saw right after you wake up, can help with interpretting these dreams. This is a significant step to heal your mind and heart, and become a braver, more loving person.
#5 – Clearing Karmic Debts Beyond THIS Life
We are not limited to our human life, as you’d know by now. Our mind may sleep but our soul is always working.
For instance, dreaming of a romantic relationship with someone else while you’re already happily married is NOT an indication of infidelity, but more likely an old connection that’s being completed through the astral plane.
You may also experience traveling to different realities where things are more beautiful, or time-traveling.
These are lesser explored areas myself, but I am a believer of parallel universes and that’s how I interpret what happens when say, I’m dreaming of a High-Techlife that Earth has nothing remotely close to achieved.
These are all ways of clearing your karma, and making the most of your soul’s learning plan.
#6 – Manifestating Reality through Your Dreams
People who train themselves in self-healing through Lucid Dreaming have confessed that they have manifested wonderful things for themselves by working in their sleep, including no longer needing to wear specks!
Here’s an awesome video that explains what happens in Lucid Dreaming.
#7 – Seeing Past Lives
To me, there are a couple of characteristics that affirm whether a dream was a past life or not. These include:
- The dream makes logical sense, and it’s like seeing a real-life story from a different time, except you’re in it.
- The dream vividly stays with you days, weeks and years after you first saw it.
- It connects dot in your current life and helps you heal an aspect you weren’t previously able to.
I started seeing past lives in my dreams only after I visited a healer for a past life regression. A few months after, the dreams began and they have helped me to continue healing in the most profound ways.
One such memorable dream was about being abducted as a child, and kept in a house where two women took care of me. One was my grandmother in this life, and another was a lady I didn’t recognize.
One day, when I visited the Bangla Saheb Gurudwara in New Delhi, a lady on a wheelchair called for me to feed her. As I sat next to her and put one bite after another in her mouth, I started crying profusely.
There was an intense connection and only later did I understand why. She fed me before, and I fed her as we met again. Our Karmic bond was completed.
Final Thoughts : Do Dreams Have Meaning?
I want to end with the thought, that if we spend a third of our lives sleeping, and a sixth of it dreaming, shouldn’t there be an actual basis behind these dreams?
Shouldn’t there be something much deeper at play, that we tend to brush off as a coincidence?
Add some Love & Light to your inbox. Come join the monthly newsletter to get self-healing tools, insights and exclusive spiritual highlights.
Pin for Pinterest: